Official RPG Marvel Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official RPG Marvel Forum

----welcome to the forum----

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Afiliere DreamMania
Comic book (what is?) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 pm by catwoman

» Condica de prezenta
Comic book (what is?) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 4:54 pm by catwoman

» Change your nick-name
Comic book (what is?) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 4:53 pm by catwoman

» sa chetuim
Comic book (what is?) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 4:52 pm by catwoman

» Sugestii or whatever.
Comic book (what is?) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 4:50 pm by catwoman

» o zi de patrula
Comic book (what is?) I_icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 1:43 pm by catwoman

» Doctor Strange
Comic book (what is?) I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 4:11 pm by catwoman

» Plot3
Comic book (what is?) I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 3:47 pm by catwoman

» Plot2
Comic book (what is?) I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 3:45 pm by catwoman

Visitators
Comic book (what is?) Percent_0
Top posters
catwoman
Comic book (what is?) I_vote_lcapComic book (what is?) I_voting_barComic book (what is?) I_vote_rcap 
Saru.
Comic book (what is?) I_vote_lcapComic book (what is?) I_voting_barComic book (what is?) I_vote_rcap 
Skeleton
Song Eun Park
hater since 1994
Invader Lamu
Oceanne59
Quack04
Top posting users this month
No user

Comic book (what is?)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catwoman
catwoman
catwoman

Stars : 192
Data de inscriere : 2015-01-05
Localizare : Mordor

Comic book (what is?) Empty
PostSubject: Comic book (what is?)   Comic book (what is?) I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 1:41 pm

A comic book or comicbook, also called comic magazine or simply comic, is a publication that consists of comics art in the form of sequential juxtaposed panels that represent individual scenes. Panels are often accompanied by brief descriptive prose and written narrative, usually dialog contained in word balloons emblematic of the comics art form. Although comic books have some origins in 1700s Japan and 1830s Europe, comic books were first popularized in the United States during the 1930s. The first modern comic book, Famous Funnies, was released in the United States in 1933 and was a reprinting of earlier newspaper humor comic strips, which had established many of the story-telling devices used in comics. The term comic book derives from American comic books being a compilation of comic strips of a humorous tone, however, this practice was replaced by featuring stories of all genres, usually not humorous in tone.
Back to top Go down
https://officialmarvel.forumotion.com
catwoman
catwoman
catwoman

Stars : 192
Data de inscriere : 2015-01-05
Localizare : Mordor

Comic book (what is?) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic book (what is?)   Comic book (what is?) I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 1:42 pm

Graphic novels

In 1964, Richard Kyle coined the term "graphic novel" to distinguish newly translated European works from genre-driven subject matter common in American comics. Precursors of the form existed by the 1920s, which saw a revival of the medieval woodcut tradition by Belgian Frans Masereel, American Lynd Ward and others, including the notorius Stan Lee. In 1950, St. John Publications produced the digest-sized, adult-oriented "picture novel" It Rhymes with Lust, a 128-page digest by pseudonymous writer "Drake Waller" (Arnold Drake and Leslie Waller), penciler Matt Baker and inker Ray Osrin, touted as "an original full-length novel" on its cover. In 1971, writer-artist Gil Kane and collaborators devised the paperback "comics novel" Blackmark. Will Eisner popularized the term "graphic novel" when he used it on the cover of the paperback edition of his work A Contract with God, and Other Tenement Stories in 1978.

Back to top Go down
https://officialmarvel.forumotion.com

Comic book (what is?)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Official RPG Marvel Forum :: Marvel series and movie :: comic books-
Jump to: